How do levels work?
When you sign up to ComeUp, you can buy services straight away. But if you want to sell your services, you’ll have to take a few more steps. Go to My seller account in your menu settings and complete all the steps to attain the seller level. You can then work towards becoming a Verified Seller.
To become a seller, you must:
1. Confirm your email address by clicking on the link you receive by email when you sign up. If you haven’t received anything, be sure to look in your spam folder and the Promotions tab. If you’re sure that you didn’t receive a message or if you’ve realized that you made a mistake when entering your email address, click “Edit” to request another message or to edit your email address.
2. Complete your public seller profile. Choose a profile picture (ideally a photo of you) and write a short description about what you do (for example, My name is Tom. I have been an IT student for three years and I mainly offer website design services). You do not need to add a cover photo at this stage.
3. Send proof of your contact details to ComeUp for approval. This information will be used on invoices or receipts for your services. We are legally required to request this information. We will keep it strictly confidential, and we will not share it with any third parties. Sending a copy of your identity document means we can verify that the details you have provided are correct.
If you are operating as an individual, authenticate your identity document with an identity card, a driving license, a residence permit, or a passport. If you are operating as a business or are self-employed, you must follow the instructions on the form and send all the documents required.
Once we have received all the right documents, we will check them within 24 hours. If there is an error, you will receive an email asking you to check what went wrong directly on the form. The most common mistakes include sending the wrong document or sending a document that is incomplete, illegible, or has been tampered with.
Verified seller level
To become a Verified Seller, you must:
- Complete at least ten sales.
- Sign up for the ComeUp Plus Premium plan. You must have a valid or trial subscription.
- Have an approved profile picture. If you are an individual, the picture must be of yourself, you must appear alone and be easy to recognize. We require this from individuals to reassure buyers about whom they're talking to. If you are a registered business or self-employed, however, you can use any picture you like. Our team will only check it if you have completed ten sales and a ComeUp Plus Premium plan.
If you make any changes to your account (contact details, profile picture, email address, ComeUp Plus plan, etc.), your level could be downgraded temporarily. In such cases, you will need to go through the validation process again to recover your previous level. Once you have regained it, you will be able to enjoy all the perks that come with it once again.